Performs a specialized level of work including installation, troubleshooting, calibrating, maintaining, and repair of various electrical/electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, analyzers, measurement, control and automation systems, and related equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Install, operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate/adjust, and maintain the following equipment including, but not limited to:
- Telemetering systems
- Moisture analyzers
- ESD systems
- Electronic odorization systems
- Flow computers
- PH and conductivity probes
- Meter tubes and orifice plates
- Satellite equipment
- Analytical equipment
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and remote terminal units and equipment
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems
· Perform preventative maintenance and/or analytical testing on compressors/engines, drivers, and auxiliary equipment.
· Maintain electrical power circuits, switch gear, and power distribution including high voltage (as specified by position).
· Perform and /or observe measurement equipment witness tests (as specified by position).
· Install and maintain security/intrusion systems.
· Drive and ensure maintenance is complete on company vehicles.
· Maintain, calculate and prepare reports and records including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair records
- Safety and environmental reports
- Mechanical drawings
- Electrical schematics and diagrams
- Pressure readings
- Material and supply orders
- Loop sheets
- Meter tube/orifice plate ratios
- Orifice and positive meter flow rates and capacities
· Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
· Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Working knowledge in use and function of reciprocating or gas turbine engines, compressors, and electronic and processing equipment applicable to position.
· Experience in use and function of tools and equipment applicable to position including, but not limited to:
- Manual/power tools
- Electronic testing devices
- Control devices
· Demonstrate ability with instrumentation, electronics, tools and control systems.
· Application of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Application of algebraic formulas.
· Experience and training related to:
- Gas processing fundamentals
- Computers and related software
- Governmental rules, regulations, and (electric) codes
- Company policies and procedures including safe handling practices for flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure systems
- Reliability Based Programs
· Experience reading and interpreting repair orders, mechanical drawings, procedures, charts, diagrams, dials, gauges, and equipment manuals.
· Experience preparing, processing, or verifying maintenance and repair records, safety and environmental reports, electrical schematics and diagrams, pressure readings, and material and supply orders.
· Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
· Communicate and/or exchange written and verbal information and instructions.
Certification and Licensing
· Applicable driver's license for travel to other locations.
· Applicable certifications as required by position.
· Lift, push, pull, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds 20-25 times a day; up to 20 pounds 3-5 times a day; up to 30 pounds 3-5 times a day; up to 40 pounds 3-5 times a day; over 50 pounds 3-5 times a day.
· Climb and/or maneuver over, under, and around engines and equipment while servicing, maintaining, and/or repairing.
· Fine motor skills for making minute adjustments.
· Ability to work in confined areas.
· React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others.
· Able to operate tools and equipment required.
· Ability to differentiate between colors.
· Sufficient to perform precise tuning/timing work.
· Sufficient to perform job duties.