This role performs project management of both public works and private land development projects specific to flood control master plans, floodplain studies, drainage reports, storm drain and channel design. The successful candidate will be a PE licensed in the state of Arizona with at least 8 years’ drainage and water resource project management experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer to expand their expertise and advance their career at a premier design firm.
Our company is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for streams, rivers, drainage systems and other storm water conveyance features.
- Prepare reports, studies and designs related to hydrologic and hydraulic analysis.
- Provide project documentation and exhibits for client meetings as necessary.
- Cultivate relationships with clients, both public and private, as well as representatives of local, state and federal regulatory agencies
- Respond to requests for statement qualifications (SOQs) and request for proposals (RFPs)
- Interact and meet with clients regularly and provide project updates
- Train staff and review work for quality assurance
- Coordinate sub-consultants and project/task scheduling.
- Prepare civil design plans, specifications, and construction documents for multiple water resource projects.
- Research jurisdictional drainage requirements for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings.
- Conduct business development and market to new clients
- Prepare proposals, scopes of work and contract cost estimates as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed PE in the state of Arizona
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with good project management and leadership skills
- Experience producing accurate and complete construction plans and reports
- Knowledge of local, county and state agency submittal process
- Proficient in storm water software: HEC-1, HEC-RAS, Storm CAD, ArcGIS, AutoCAD
- Flo-2D and Civil 3D design software is a plus
- Knowledge of CAD, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to work independently, work in a team environment, and review work for quality assurance
- Ability to train staff and review work for quality assurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to convey engineering information concisely
- Ability to work over 40 hours as needed
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short term disability plans and two retirement plans: a 401(k) & an ESOP.
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.