Senior Mechanical Engineer opportunity. This role works with multi-disciplinary design teams in the completion of studies, development of plans and specifications for a broad range of projects. The successful candidate will work on the design team delivering full plans and specifications for a new Bureau and Engraving Production Facility that will be constructed in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area.
The successful candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in the field of engineering related to mechanical building systems and infrastructure experience including mechanical, HVAC, plumbing systems and/or architectural engineering. Candidate must be able to obtain licenses in Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Maryland upon request.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
- Perform whole building energy modeling used to support life-cycle analysis which will influence system decisions early in the design process.
- Direct junior engineers as necessary.
- Perform mechanical building systems and infrastructure engineering design functions on a variety of large public and private developments
- Review and understand LEED requirements and verify they are incorporated into the design/construction
- Review technical aspects of major design, construction, renovation and/or alterations
- Able to manage or lead MEP related projects.
- Licensed PE, registration in licenses in Virginia, the District of Columbia, or Maryland is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- LEED AP, CEM credentials and experience with UFC design criteria are preferred
- Healthcare design, municipal facilities, and higher education experience is a plus
- Fire Protection Engineering License a plus.
- Experience with high-performance sustainable systems design with a holistic integrated building systems approach.
- Experience with central utility plants, variable-primary flow systems, ground source systems, fan-wall systems, chilled beam systems, and energy-recovery systems.
- Ability to obtain USACE Security Clearance
- Experience with plumbing and process piping design experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of building and building system codes (IBC, IECC, IFGC, IMC, IPC, ASHRAE standards and NFPA standards
- Proficient in Revit, building load and energy modeling software (Trane Trace 700 for both), Bluebeam, AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Unified facilities guide specifications is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Record holder for licensure in other states preferred but not required
- Some travel required
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.