This full-time role requires a talented, creative, and connected person who can lead and grow the Public Works initiative. This position will work in close collaboration with the Managing Principal and Vice President to continue to expand our public works and infrastructure group, manage projects and project managers, and develop new opportunities.
Candidates should have a minimum of ten years of professional civil engineering design experience working within a Public Works division of a consulting practice. This position is a full-time position to be located in the Phoenix, AZ office.
A leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Assist with client development for the division.
- Interface daily with our clients, develop proposals, negotiate scopes and fees, ensure timely billing and collections and change orders.
- Proposal writing & marketing for existing & new clients
- Strategic planning of Public Works marketing and design/construction strategies
- Budget & design team management
- Provide management, training and direction to staff
- Project direction, management, and review
- Continued development of internal project and design processes for public contracts
- Training & development of associates
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) with a minimum of 10 years of public works design and management experience.
- Understand successful proposal writing (SOQ/RFP) & budget management for public contracts
- Ability to market, communicate, and develop relationships with existing and new public agency clients
- Experience must include local public works design (city to county level) is required
- Experience with public roadway engineering (rehabilitation/widening/construction), water & sewer improvements, and storm drain improvements required
- Experience with site improvements/development, signing & striping, traffic control are a plus/desired
- Knowledge of water quality (pre and post construction) as well as hydrology as it relates to public improvements
- CAD/Civil 3D knowledge is a plus but not required
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.