Our Material Handlers play a key role in the production process, contributing to the overall success of the company. We want people who will take pride in delivering a quality product to our customers. If you have the Focus, Commitment, and Dedication to Safety that we’re looking for, apply today to join our team as a Material Handler.
Our values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment, and Confidence guide our everyday work. If you’re looking for a job with an industry leader offering great benefits.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the general handling of materials where applicable. The handling of material may be associated with various areas, including unloading in-bound material, loading out-bound material or moving and distributing material to various operation areas for fabrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow all company safety and quality requirements.
- Efficiently and safely operate applicable equipment to unload, load and distribute material with minimal supervision.
- Communicate with team members verbally and non-verbally.
- Work efficiently in all forms of weather (wind, heat, cold, rain, snow).
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime or weekends as needed.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Exhibit strong skills in material identification.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Plan and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read a tape measure (imperial and metric).
- Work with others.
- Accountability –accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Honesty/Integrity – Be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Reliability – Be dependable and trustworthy.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Forklift certified preferred.