The purpose of this position is to rebuild major components for mechanical drive trucks including but not limited to rear wheel groups, front corner groups, transmissions, torque converters and differentials. The Manual mechanic will also back up paint and wash and other mechanic areas as needed.
It is the responsibility of every employee to insure a safe work environment. All employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, rebuild and check components for quality control.
- Check tolerance, dimensions and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside micrometers, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, etc.
- Determines components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerance and comparing to blueprints, drawings, component identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
- Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws
- List and identify action items that need to be taken.
- Summarize specific steps that need to be performed to rebuild the product.
- Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists and pallet jacks, etc.
- Assemble components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
- Establish clearances, torque values, lengths, etc. by performing mathematical calculations
- Ensure precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plan, keeping tools clean, calibrating and placing in secure locations
- Must maintain a good attendance record and maintain the highest professional conduct.
- Perform more duties as assigned
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- At least one-year mechanical work experience or equivalent education is required.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment repair; mechanical aptitude, and basic understanding of precision measuring tools required.
- Will be required to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to lift up to 50# is required.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.