The Hydro Vac/Vacuum Truck Driver drives and operates the trucks, hauling, and unloading various oil field-related fluids including fresh water, brine (salt) water, frac fluids, drilling mud and other well servicing drilling and production fluids, to and from various sites and sources. All duties of the Truck Driver/Operator are to be performed to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to ensure the most efficient operation possible.
• Drives the Hydro Vac/ Vacuum Truck to the customer’s location(s) to perform potholing, trenching, locating and or cleaning collecting the material
• Pulls hose(s) from the hose tray and connects one end to the truck and puts the other end into the pit or connects to a tank to extract fluid and material
• Monitors the amount of fluid extracted and the amount of fluid the vacuum truck is lawfully allowed to haul and other situations presented by the site or the customer.
• Drives the truck to and from the loading site or customer’s locations disposal site(s) or back to the yard location.
• Maintains accurate work tickets based on the requirements and the work performed for the customer(s).
• Maintains accurate driving log books, performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and ensures accuracy of the maintenance on the vehicle.
• Alerts supervisor when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerts supervisor when work hours may exceed the DOT maximums.
• Uses hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Minimum 1 year experience of truck driving experience, preferably driving Vacuum Trucks or trucks.
• Must have a valid CDL A, or B driver’s license with the proper endorsements required for the type of vehicle operated issued by state of residence.
• Must be able to pass a drug screen, and successfully complete all other pre-employment requirements.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions to ensure safe and effective communication; and the ability to perform simple math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple calculations).
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes: overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Ability to utilize and maintain electronic records.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• An understanding of basic maintenance concepts required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary.
• Knowledge of all applicable DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.