JOB TITLE: Foreman (Building Division)
Previous construction experience required with knowledge of quality control, cost control, job
site safety, building codes, stud layout, rough framing, and ability to read and understand
blueprints. Proficiency in building construction to include concrete, rough and finish
carpentry, and other building crafts throughout the construction process. Basic knowledge of
OSHA rules and regulations for construction required. Good math and analytical skills
required. Must have good communication skills. Must have a valid driver’s license and/or
reliable means of transportation to job site locations. Must provide own basic hand tools,
however employer provides specialty tools and equipment. Must be able to interpret and
apply verbal and/or written instructions in English.
The Foreman is responsible for overseeing the construction job site, employees, and trade
contractors during the building process. Will perform a variety of carpentry and general
building construction tasks at various residential, commercial, and/or industrial job site
locations. This position works under direct supervision of the Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Plans ahead and schedules the manpower and job site materials required.
2. Tracks job site production on a daily/weekly basis.
3. Supervises, trains, guides, and directs job site work crews.
4. Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of equipment and tools on the job site.
5. Provides excellent customer relations and works in cooperative manner with the
Owner and Subcontractors.
6. Responsible for overseeing that productive work is being performed by work
7. Keeps paperwork organized including receipts, shipping tickets, etc.
8. Maintains as-built drawings, keeping them current, concise and legible.
9. Supplies daily lists to the Superintendent with job site updates and material needs.
10. Performs variety of carpentry tasks to include initial stud layout for construction
sites, concrete form layout, setting floor joists, framing floors, building subfloors,
building/erecting walls, installing protective sheeting, installing roof trusses,
framing and hanging windows/doors, and performs finishing work to including
installing inside trim pieces, sanding, staining, and/or painting.
11. Assists with loading/unloading materials and supplies at job sites.
12. Performs housekeeping and keeps work area clean throughout the project and
removes trash and debris.
13. Performs demolition duties of existing structures as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operates forklift to move materials only if forklift trained/certified.
2. May drive company vehicle to run errands or pick up supplies as needed.
3. Performs other duties as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
The job of Foreman is a Heavy Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of
Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department
of Labor and Industry. Heavy Duty involves exertion of up to 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 25-50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds continuously to