Transportation/Roadway Design Engineer
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate hands-on technical design capabilities in rural and urban roadways. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on and provide technical oversight on multiple projects and the ability to deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications, and estimates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as Project Design Engineer providing design and analysis on urban and rural
• Develop concept studies, preliminary engineering, final design, technical specifications,
and cost estimates for a wide variety of transportation projects.
• Develop geometric alignments, profiles, modeling, design sections, grading design,
drainage, construction details, and signing and striping plans.
• Process design calculations.
• Coordinate and work with a team of project managers, design engineers, technicians,
and support staff to successfully complete a variety of projects.
• Provides mentorship and guidance to entry level engineers.
• BS in Civil Engineering and AZ registered professional engineer required.
• 5+ years of roadway experience
• Civil 3D drafting and design experience required.
• Proficiency with MicroStation and/or Inroads preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
• Good problem solving and technical writing skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
• Capacity to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills with limited
• Competitive pay
• Generous PTO plan
• Health, Dental and Vision
• 401(k) with employer matching
• Company sponsored LTD/STD/Life Insurance
• In-house training events
• Employee Appreciation events