Inspects and maintains various electrical/electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, analyzers, measurement, control and automation systems, and related equipment.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate/adjust, and maintain the following equipment including but not limited to:
- Telemetering systems
- Moisture analyzers
- ESD systems
- Electronic odorization systems
- Flow computers
- PH and conductivity probes
- Meter tubes and orifice plates
- Satellite equipment
- Analytical equipment
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and remote terminal units and equipment
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and/or analytical testing on compressors/engines, drivers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Maintain electrical power circuits, switch gear, and power distribution.
- Install and maintain security/intrusion systems.
- Drive and ensure maintenance is complete on company vehicles.
- Maintain and/or prepare reports and/or records including but not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair records
- Safety and environmental reports
- Mechanical drawings
- Electrical schematics and diagrams
- Pressure readings
- Material and supply orders
- Loop sheets
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned
- Working knowledge in use and function of reciprocating or gas turbine engines, compressors, and electronic and processing equipment applicable to position.
- Experience in use and function of tools and equipment applicable to position including but not limited to:
- Manual/power tools
- Electronic testing devices
- Control devices
- Demonstrate ability with instrumentation, electronics, tools and control systems.
- Application of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Application of algebraic formulas.
- Experience and training related to:
- Gas processing fundamentals
- Computers and related software
- Governmental rules, regulations, and (electric) codes
- Company policies and procedures including safe handling practices for flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure systems
- Reliability Based Programs
- Experience reading and interpreting repair orders, mechanical drawings, procedures, charts, diagrams, dials, gauges, and equipment manuals.
- Experience preparing, processing, or verifying maintenance and repair records, safety and environmental reports, electrical schematics and diagrams, pressure readings, and material and supply orders.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Applicable driver's license for travel to other locations.
- Applicable certifications as required by position.
- Lift, push, pull, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds 20‑25 times a day; up to 20 pounds 3‑5 times a day; up to 30 pounds 3‑5 times a day; up to 40 pounds 3‑5 times a day; over 50 pounds 3‑5 times a day.
- Climb and/or maneuver over, under, and around engines and equipment while servicing, maintaining, and/or repairing.
- Fine motor skills for making minute adjustments.
- Ability to work in confined and elevated areas.
- React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others.
- Able to operate tools and equipment required.
- Communicate and/or exchange written and verbal information and instructions.
*This position may also qualify for up to a $1500 a month housing stipend with possible rotation work.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Sufficient to perform precise tuning/timing work.
- Sufficient to perform job duties.