Supervision is limited, engineering staff will review work product. Drafter may be called upon to develop bills of material and specifications when drawings have been completed.
Proficiency with precision measuring tools is required—CMM experience necessary. Must maintain and organize all drawing files—both paper and electronic.
Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Checks dimensions and finishes against drawings or work order specifications
- May preform light finishing operations to correct rejected parts
- May need to conduct in process inspections or inspection of parts in the production areas
- Must maintain a good attendance record and maintain the highest professional conduct.
- Perform more duties as assigned
- Incumbents break down information obtained from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings and instructions furnished by others and convert the information into detailed drawings with section views, dimensions and CAD models.
- Ability to perform standard mathematical calculations is required.
- Incumbent is required to coordinate with others to determine whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances, although at this level questions are rare due to knowledge and experience.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact quality of products.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
Must interact with Engineers, Supervisors and Production Personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a formal drafting program and 5+ years of drafting experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineer or similar
- Should be literate with simple computer programs such as word or basic Excel.
- Should demonstrate an ability to calibrate and maintain measuring equipment.
- Previous experience in a job shop or production machine shop is a plus.
- Must have a basic educational background in mathematics, algebra and geometry.