Designing a better world is more than a career, it’s a calling! Come work with a team of professionals dedicated to design excellence at our Seattle office.
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, and quality-oriented Fire Protection Engineer with a minimum of five years of experience to perform consulting services for internal and external clients. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a high-level ability to manage multiple clients and multiple projects at one time.
Technical skills will include, but not limited to: automatic suppression system design; fire detection, alarm and communication system design; code analysis; egress analysis; fire resistant construction analysis; smoke control analysis; as well as general fire protection and life safety concepts and research.
This Role You Will:
- Perform analysis of existing fire protection systems and design new fire protection systems including suppression systems, fire detection, alarm and mass notification systems.
- Perform building and fire code analysis and interpretation.
- Manage effective communication with colleagues and clients.
- Lead and manage internal team to provide well-coordinated and high-quality design sets.
- Manage profitability of projects and maintain working relationship with clients.
- Perform research and documentation for internal and external distribution.
- Attend and participate in local and national trade organizations, such as SFPE and NFPA.
- Conduct business development activities and foster long term client relationships and create new ones.
- Develop project budgets and write proposals.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from accredited college or university in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Sciences, or related engineering field.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license (preferred).
- Minimum of five years working experience in the Fire Protection Consulting profession.
- Experience with the current version of AutoCAD and Revit (preferred).
- Excellent verbal, written, organization, and time management skills.