This Customer Service Rep will be responsible for customer service contacts with international and domestic companies to ensure delivery of excellent customer service. The position exists to assist our customers with prompt and accurate support and information that they need in order to purchase from our company. This position is responsible for driving increased sales by developing strong relationships with global customers through conducting outbound communications (phone calls, e-mail, etc.). The position will work closely with Production, Supply Chain, and Field Sales to develop effective communication tools highlighting the value of product offering. When required, Inside Sales will provide after-hour coverage of customer service calls to ensure company maintains excellence in service levels.
Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Conduct outbound communications with global customers offering and educating customers on product value and functionality.
- Provides support to customers and representatives via telephone, fax, or e-mail on a daily basis.
- Provide customer and billing reports as needed for accounting and management.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relationships with customers.
- Communicate with Field Sales, Production, and Supply Chain departments to enhance our effectiveness of achieving sales goals
- Processes customer orders through the order entry system verifying pricing, quantities, part numbers, and routing.
- Assists customers with product information including part numbers, pricing, and availability.
- Assists customers with emergency orders as well as orders and/or issues relating to special customer requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility to resolve customer complaints regarding deliveries, pricing, credits, and warranty issues.
- Follows through quickly and completely to ensure the external or internal customer is satisfied.
- Create and/or update accurate records of customer communication and transactions.
- Document and provide customer activity reports to management related to increased sales, customer issues, opportunities for growth, and customer needs
- Run appropriate sales reports and analyze information to drive sales and profitability
- Maintain privacy of customer account information.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year Associate Degree or Commensurate Experience preferred
- 2-5 years’ professional customer service and inside sales experience
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner including the use of effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Operate office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, copy machine, fax machine, and multi- line telephone.
- Have intermediate/advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite (*MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- Experience in shipping logistics and requirements for exporting goods.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.
- Selling into the International market is preferred, but not essential.
- Work independently and be a team player within the department and the organization.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and be a problem solver.
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments.