We are looking for dependable individuals, committed to safety and quality to join our team. As a coating applicator you will play a role in our process of manufacturing and fabricating quality steel products. If you have an understanding of hand tools and application techniques and are looking to join a group of Game Changers, we want you here.
Our company focuses on the values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment, and Confidence. If you’re looking for an exciting company doing quality work, apply now.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, which includes an excellent health/dental package, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account benefits, profit-sharing, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for various application processes on the exterior and interior of the products that we produce. These processes include; surface preparation, application of coatings and inspection of finished products all while meeting customer and/or our internal quality specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows all company Safety and Quality policies.
- Be trained in surface preparations using blast and solvent cleaning processes and application of coatings products.
- Establish knowledge of how to read Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Product Data Sheets.
- Able to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures. .
- Assist in the loading/unloading of product onto flatbeds/trailers.
- Operate fork lift and overhead crane.
- Willing to work flexible hours that includes overtime and weekends as needed.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Basic understanding of hand tools and application techniques
- Basic knowledge of substrate prep for painting
- Successfully pass application qualification training
- Learns to apply exterior coatings to structural and tank products
- Basic knowledge of material movement with applicable equipment.
- Basic knowledge of lifting and rigging
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and the trait of being dependable and trustworthy. Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Uses effective methods, resources and interpersonal skills to help build a cohesive team.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task and perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to make decisions to take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal and look beyond the standard solutions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.