The Quality Control Inspector position conducts origination inspection of incoming parts and supplies used for manufacture of products. The purpose of this position is to perform repetitive, inspection of manufactured parts using standardized methods and procedures.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Utilize your best effort to service customers by performing inspection or inspection of parts in the production areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks, records, and communicates dimensions and finishes against drawings or work order specifications.
- Coordinates or performs light finishing operations to correct rejected parts.
- Coordinates or performs in process inspections or inspection of parts in the production areas.
- Visually inspects or checks parts using a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
- Ensures precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plans, keeping tools clean, within calibration and maintaining them in their secure locations.
- Perform more duties as assigned.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact quality of products.
- Department managers
- Current/potential customers
- Production Personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency MS Office Suite (*MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- Ability to coordinate calibration and maintenance of measuring equipment. Must have an educational background in mathematics, algebra, and geometry.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Bachelor’s Degree on related field.
- Experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.
- Previous experience in a job shop or production machine shop is a plus.
- Experience using ERP software.
- Proficient at checking geometry and finishes against drawings or work order specifications and recording results and communicating results using Excel and other programs.