The parts runner will operate a flatbed truck to transport and deliver heavy mining equipment components. This is a local driving position with occasional trips outside of the Billings area. The parts runner will be required to load and unload trucks as well as inspecting and securing the loads. This is a support position for the warehouse group and will require the parts runner to perform other warehousing duties as directed.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices or Equipment policies and procedures. and perform other warehouse duties such as receiving, stocking shelves, picking sales orders or other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting heavy equipment components.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Read bills of lading and collect delivery instructions to determine assignment details
- Obtain documentation and/or signatures for delivered goods.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles, and using other equipment as necessary.
- Inventory and inspect cargo for quantity and condition and secure cargo for transport, using straps, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Remove debris from trucks and trailers.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
- Department managers
- Current/potential customers
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50Lbs is required.
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.