Responsible for inventory control and ensuring the accuracy of inventory through regular cycle counts as well as monitoring incoming and outgoing shipments through random audits. The Inventory Control Specialist is a fast-paced position requiring excellent communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to organize and prioritize.
• Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
• Ensure adherence to the Inventory Control system and coordinates with Accounting to document cycle counts and correct any inventory discrepancies
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigates discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Assists with development and achievement of Warehouse KPI targets.
• Investigates lost or missing inventory.
• Works with external auditors on inventory audits.
• Serve as subject matter expert and work with IT to obtain necessary reporting and system functionality necessary for inventory purposes.
• Ensures completed work order inventory accuracy and closing work orders.
• Determines proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
• Maintains default inventory locations in appropriate system.
• Monitors the recording of incoming and outgoing shipments through random audits.
• Assist with identifying process improvements.
• Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in stockroom, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Assist in 7S, continuous improvement and Lean activities proactively and as assigned.
• Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas.
• Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment. • Keeps records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
• Knowledgeable in the proper use of bridge / jib crane operation, lifting rigging and proper securing of all objects. Certified in forklift operation.
• Perform additional duties assigned by management and strive for continual improvement in all areas of responsibility.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
• Department managers
• Current/potential customers.
• Parts Clerks
• Shop Technicians.
• External auditors
PREFERABLE QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• 3 years’ warehouse inventory experience.
• Microsoft Office skills- Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Working knowledge of Pronto ERP System
• Ability to set and manage priorities and maintain accurate and detailed records
• Experience in the mining and/or industrial sector.