Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm (OT as needed)
(DOE) + Full Benefits Package
West Fargo, ND
Now hiring for our Manufacturing Electrician! If you have four our more years experience as an electrician, we want you to apply.
We are looking for someone to help drive our success as an industry leader in manufacturing and fabricating steel products. Our company maintains the values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment and Confidence. If you’re looking to continue a successful electrician career in a dynamic manufacturing environment, apply today!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, which includes an excellent health/dental package, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account benefits, profit-sharing, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Rewire remodeled buildings; wire new buildings and equipment.
- Repair electrical issues by replacing or installing components, wiring or devices.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and also through reporting violations of policies, procedures and guidelines to immediate supervisor.
- Use ladders, scaffolding, platforms and lifts to work on electrical systems on commercial properties.
- Answer emergency calls quickly, assess the safety of the situation upon first arriving at the scene and provide directions to individuals affected by the electrical emergency to ensure their continued safety and comfort.
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely; report any issues to immediate supervisor.
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring.
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components.
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards.
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning.
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information.
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components.
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Ability to drive and travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills, enabling correspondence with internal departments, vendors, and customers.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Able to read and understand schematics and prints.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and electronic components.
- Possess a thorough understanding of diagnostic tools and methods e.g., multimeters, etc.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting to identify root cause.
- Equipment install and upgrades.
- Maintain necessary product records and documentation.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble products.
- Ability to perform mechanical work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot defective equipment and provide required maintenance as needed.
- Assemble and disassemble electric motors, test rigs, and equipment.
- Develops and evaluates new technologies or methods (mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical controls).
- Order, maintain and organize all inventory parts for repair and PM planning.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- Journeyman (ND) license/certification - or reciprocal state
- 4+ years of Electrician experience (required)
- 1+ year of Industrial Maintenance experience (preferred)
Yes. Occasional travel to outlying sites.
4 years: Electrician