Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm (OT as required)
(DOE) + Full Benefits Package
In search of dependable, focused candidates with experience in regular and preventative maintenance and a dedication to safety. If this sounds like you, apply to be a Maintenance Tech! In this position, you will be a key component of our daily work to provide upkeep on our facilities to produce quality manufactured and fabricated steel products. Dedicated to the values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment, and Confidence in everyday work. Join our team of Game Changers!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, which includes an excellent health/dental package, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account benefits, profit-sharing, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carefully read manuals of equipment and interpret them to understand how to operate and maintain them properly
- Inspect newly acquired equipment upon arrival, checking every part to be sure that they are working and meet up with industry standards before they are put to use in the factory
- Read work orders to confirm the production task is within the capacity of the factory’s equipment in order to abide by manufacturers’ guidelines; make provision for alternate equipment to handle big production tasks to prevent wearing out
- Strictly abide by safety regulations during manufacturing activities, keeping equipment in check to avoid mechanical hazards that could cause harm to operators and workers
- Teach workers how to operate equipment to avoid pressing the wrong buttons that could trigger accidents, which could lead to casualties
- Enroll for continuous training and education on technical maintenance practices so as to be updated with the latest maintenance techniques and be able to keep equipment in the best possible conditions
- Carry out routine servicing of equipment as part of measures to prevent breakdowns and malfunctions, which could thwart production activities, including but not limited to production equipment/machines, forklifts, trucks, tractors, trailers, etc.
- Keep record of maintenance activities to track the lifespan of equipment. When equipment breakdown continues too frequently after repeated fixing, it will need to be replaced
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine specific malfunctioning issues and tackle them accordingly
- Communicate with management or clients to inform them about equipment faults and best maintenance techniques to implement for maximum performance
- Prioritize daily work orders according to their level of importance
- Assist in mechanical and electrical maintenance to equipment as required.
- Assist in building and grounds maintenance.
- Maintain clean and safe work areas.
- Perform Lockout-tagout (LOTO) and complete proper documentation when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Understand electrical control.
- Read tape measure to 1/16”.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and being dependable and trustworthy.
- Find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Self - starter to perform a task to the best of your ability using your own drive or initiative.
- Comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years in industrial and electrical maintenance preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
1-3 years: Industrial/Preventative Maintenance