We are looking for an individual to provide staff engineering support for a variety of private and public projects across the State of Montana. This position is an exciting opportunity to assist our clients with overall planning for development, site design, infrastructure design, and coordination with local, state, and federal agencies. As part of our company-wide civil engineering team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, challenging, and positive work atmosphere where long-term professional relationships with clients and coworkers will be developed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals in the fields that may include
- Land development;
- Water distribution and treatment;
- Wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal;
- Site grading; and
- storm water drainage, including hydrology and hydraulics.
- Provide engineering research and data for projects.
- Utilize computer drafting and analysis software to assist in design.
- Assist in writing engineering reports, design specifications, and contract documents.
- Perform field survey, material testing, data collection, and site inspections/evaluations.
- Observe construction activity to ensure compatibility with designed plans.
- Attend team meetings with project staff and clients and effectively communicate project plans, progress, issues, and concerns.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of survey practices and construction staking.
- Knowledge of geotechnical practices and material testing.
- Knowledge of permitting requirements and skills related to obtaining permits (i.e. NPDES, joint application, SWPPP).
- Knowledge of local and state codes (i.e. IBC, IRC, ACI).
- Working knowledge of AutoCADD Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Communication and writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and clientele in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently.
Required Education and Experience
B.A. or B.S. in Civil Engineering, Licensed Engineering Intern (E.I.)