Determine project costs for HVAC and Plumbing systems, including all equipment, materials, subcontractors, and field installation labor, based on all bidding documents.
I. Obtain quotes for all equipment, materials, subcontractors, etc per drawings
2. Read all project specifications and incorporate into the estimate.
3. Perform material take-off via QuickPen for all equipment, piping, sheet metal, etc.
4. Create estimate sheet and arrive at an accurate total project cost.
5. Maintain bid board and meet bid deadlines
6. Create and maintain organized files for all projects.
7. Bid files and drawings organization
8. Create and maintain standard proposal clarifications and exclusions. Modify per proposal
9. Organize and maintain record of all bids and keep track of bid results.
10. Follow up on pending quotes/bids with customers.
1. Printing / Scanning of drawings for bids and current projects
2. Site surveys of projects bidding, when necessary.
3. Meet subcontractors on site as necessary.
1. Minimum of (5) years’ experience in mechanical estimating
2. Familiar with QuickPen computerized estimating system. (Training available)
2. Good computer skills / Good math skills.
3. Individual must be extremely detailed and accurate
5. Familiarity with blueprints, including architectural and all other trades