Job Details Description POSITION: Construction Services Technician SHIFT: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am - 4:30 pm (Friday, 7:00 am - 11:00 am) PAY RATE: (DOE) + Daily Per Diem* + Full Benefit Package LOCATION: Billings, MT *$50 daily per diem when working at a jobsite outside of Billings (MT) We are hiring Construction Services Technicians for a new installation crew in the Billings (MT) area! This position will be responsible for installing miscellaneous steel, egress, and structural components in a commercial or industrial setting. We want responsible self-starters who will take pride in delivering a quality product to our customers. If you have the Focus, Commitment, and Dedication to Safety that we’re looking for, apply today to join our team as a Construction Services Tech! **All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen (No longer testing for THC/cannabis) SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES Responsible for installing miscellaneous steel, egress, and structural components in a commercial or industrial setting. Fit-up, weld, and clean-up of steel handrail, guardrail, stairs, and other mild steel custom components. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Install Miscellaneous steel, egress components, and structural components in a commercial or industrial setting.
Fit-up, weld, and clean-up of steel handrail, guardrail, stairs, and other mild steel custom components.
Ability to read and understand construction drawings and blueprints.
Operate manlifts and forklifts efficiently and safely.
Efficiently and safely operate small power tools, such as grinders, core drills, and concrete hammer drills.
Assist in applying caulking to expansion joints and concrete seams.
Assist in mixing and applying flowable grout to precast joints and steel column bases.
Unload delivery trucks either by hand or machine.
The Construction Services Technician 1 is an entry-level position, with all work being completed with supervision.
Follow all company safety and quality requirements.
Prompt and dependable attendance.
Other duties as assigned, to include work on-site when not assigned or scheduled for field installation projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
Basic knowledge of welding, grinding, and mechanical fastening
Valid driver’s license
Ability to tow trailers and equipment
First Aid Training preferred
OSHA training or certification preferred
Ability to multitask and adapt to changing jobsite conditions
Ability to work remotely
Basic knowledge and experience with computer and Microsoft products
Understand and follow oral and written directions
Ability to read a tape measure (imperial and metric)
Ability to work with others
Ability to work safely, accurately, and thoroughly
Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
1 year of steel or precast concrete installation experience, or related industry experience preferred
Frequent travel to job sites throughout the state of Montana; 2-5 days of overnight per week; weekends at home; leave for the jobs site on Monday morning and return to Billings (MT) on Friday after lunch; lodging paid for by company with $50 daily per diem for meals/incidentals.
Level 2 • The Construction Services Technician 2 is a mid-level position, with all work being completed with minimal direct supervision.
• Met all requirements of and mastered all aspects of the level 1 position.
• 3+ years of experience in steel or precast concrete installation, or related industry experience.
• Self-starter, outcome-driven attitude, and behavior.
• OSHA 10 certification preferred.
• Ability to schedule and perform work without supervision.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills, with experience learning new software (e.g., Microsoft Office and CPM scheduling platforms). Level 3 • The Construction Services Technician 3 is a high-level position, with most work being completed without direct supervision.
• Met all requirements of and mastered all aspects of the level 1 and 2 position.
• 1+ years of supervisory experience.
• Ability to find new opportunity and growth with minimal supervision.
• OSHA 10 certification required.
• OSHA 30 certification preferred.
• Ability to schedule, direct, and manage crews at multiple locations.
• Ability to communicate and report effectively to the Construction Development Manager.
• Ability to develop creative, safe, and effective solutions to complex problems at the worksite.
• Strong ability to work and manage in a remote, off-site environment. Travel Required Yes. Frequent travel to job sites throughout Montana (2-5 days overnight/week) Qualifications Skills Required Attention to Detail Advanced Blueprint Reading Intermediate MIG Welding Intermediate Responsible Advanced Driving Advanced Tape Measure Advanced Experience Preferred 1 year: Steel or Precast Concrete Installation 2 years: Welding/General Construction