JOB TITLE: Superintendent (Building Division)
Previous construction and Foreman/supervisory experience required with knowledge of
quality control, cost control, job site safety, building codes, stud layout, rough framing, and
ability to read and understand blueprints. Proficiency in building construction to include
concrete, rough and finish carpentry, and other building crafts throughout the construction
process. Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations for construction required. Good math
and analytical skills required. Must have the ability to teach others. Must have good
communication skills. Must have a valid driver’s license and/or reliable means of
transportation to job site locations. Must provide own basic hand tools, however employer
provides specialty tools and equipment. Must be able to interpret and apply verbal and/or
written instructions in English.
The Superintendent is responsible for management of the entire construction job site. Will
oversee building operations at various residential, commercial, and/or industrial job site
locations. This position works under direct supervision of the Project Manager and Vice
President of the building division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Plans the construction job site requirements. Orders required supplies/materials.
2. Tracks job site production on a daily/weekly basis.
3. Supervises, trains, guides, and directs job site Foreman and other crew workers.
4. Provides excellent customer relations and works in cooperative manner with the
Owner and Subcontractors.
5. Oversees quality control and job site productivity.
6. Keeps paperwork organized including reports, receipts, shipping tickets, etc.
7. Works directly with the Foreman for job site updates and progress.
8. May assist with performing carpentry tasks as needed.
9. Performs housekeeping and keeps work area clean throughout the project and
removes trash and debris.
10. May assist with demolition duties of existing structures as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operates forklift to move materials only if forklift trained/certified.
2. May drive company vehicle to run errands or pick up supplies as needed.
3. Performs other duties as needed.
Copyright © 2007
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
The job of Superintendent is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics
of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S.
Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously
to move objects.