The purpose of this position is to Perform various types of machining operations using various types of machining equipment to produce and repair material components.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and machining notes to determine; dimensions, tolerance, finish type, sequence of operations, setup, reference points, etc.
- Select the appropriate tools and materials to be used for each part to be machined.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Operate various types of machining equipment; mills, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Calculate and monitor speed and feed rates during the machining process.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Use various types of intricate measuring tools including; indicators, micrometers, depth/height gauges, calipers, etc.
- Produce a quality product (within design specifications) in an efficient manner.
- Ability to recognize throughout the machining process if part is defective of within design specifications.
- Layout materials to be machined according to design specifications.
- Select, align and secure; fixtures, tooling, attachments, and materials on various types of machines.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to design specifications.
- Set-up and test production equipment under power, evaluating any constraints.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work cell.
- Keep an accurate record of daily operations and material usage.
- Work shifts and overtime, if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A two-year Associate Degree from a technical/trade school is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent machining experience with metals, & strong math & blueprint reading skills.
- Should be able to set up, operate & perform basic maintenance on machines.
- At least two (2) years of previous heavy manufacturing machining experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50# is required. Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.