Monday – Friday, Days (Hours Flexible)
Competitive Salary (DOE) + Full Benefits Package
Now hiring for our Safety Coordinator position! If you have experience in safety and a working knowledge of OSHA, we want you to apply. The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for managing and reducing risk of accidents. You will champion, drive, and lead communication of safety programs and policies as well as oversee and coordinate safety training for all employees.
We are looking for someone to help drive our success as an industry leader in manufacturing and fabricating steel products. We maintain the values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment and Confidence. If you’re looking to continue a successful career in safety as our Safety Coordinator, apply today!
We offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, which includes an excellent health/dental package, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account benefits, profit-sharing, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicates safety policies and procedures in compliance with corporate standards.
- Supports local supervisors and communicates programs for managers and supervisors to train employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Inspects facilities organization to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Communicates findings or investigation of accidents and injuries to all local supervisors & posts incidents to the corporate reporting system.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Provide technical safety support and information to managers, supervisors and employees.
- Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Involved in setting annual company safety goals and objectives for business plan.
- Participate in new product/process reviews including process hazard analyses, Operator Training, etc.
- Support production employees in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promote safety and health awareness through company communication, including newsletters and specific training programs.
- Act as the Emergency Coordinator in overseeing the site’s Emergency Action Plan.
- Serve as member of Safety Committee.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Must have strong leadership skills to drive site to a world class safety culture.
- High level of organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator; good face-to-face interaction with colleagues, customers and others; professional telephone skills.
- Computer literacy necessary; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge in OSHA standards.
- Capable of understanding proper shop techniques for maximum safety.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to achieve site goals and execute action plans.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Safety experience with a working knowledge of OSHA and related safety regulations
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Training – Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective and critical investigation.
Attention to Detail
2-5 years: Workplace Safety/OSHA Compliance
Licenses & Certifications
Cert Safety Professional
Occup Hygiene/Safety Tech
OSHA 30 Course